We’ve talked about a few different breakfast recipes on the blog, and they’re all great for different reasons and occasions. The recipe featured today is perfect for hosting a group for brunch, as it makes a lot of food! It would also be perfect for prepping a week’s worth of breakfast. We’re talking about Tater Tot Sausage Breakfast Bake!
I first discovered this recipe on Pinterest and had to try it. I also knew Andrew would love it – he’s all about his tater tots, and this is the perfect excuse to have tater tots for breakfast! Turns out he did love it, and he even makes it on his own now (with a couple tweaks to make the recipe even better)! So without further ado, here it is:
What you’ll need:
- 2 lb. spicy breakfast sausage
- 1 (30-32oz) bag frozen tater tots
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- In a large bowl, toss together tater tots, cooked sausage and cheeses. Pour into a lightly-greased 9×13-inch pan.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and milk. Pour over tater tot mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate if baking later.
- Bake uncovered for 60-70 minutes, or until eggs are set.
And that’s all! It’s so simple, and so tasty. Just writing this, I think I’ll have to make it this week. Have you tried something similar? We’d love to hear about your favorite breakfast bakes – share with us in the comments!